Welcome to the new realm of colored pencil art
Go behind the scenes with a career artist at the start of her career
View works-in-progress and read about the techniques and tools used by artist Christina Langman


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The next miniature is...

A unique one, to say the least! This may be a first... a miniature artwork that does not actually have an eye anywhere on it. This newest miniature, just started tonight, is a zebra muzzle. The photo was taken by me at the Calgary Zoo, and this zebra was an excellent subject. I have so many great photos of this zebra, including the photo that inspired "Eye to Eye Pt. 2". When I was looking through my photos for a new miniature to work on, this one of the zebra's soft fuzzy muzzle and light-catching whiskers caught my eye. And, it gives me another chance to work on the very blurred background so I am well prepared to tackle my next huge cougar project, "Regard". Here is my reference photo:

No comments: